About Profeta Farms
Profeta Farms is a 1200 acre multifaceted certified organic livestock and vegetable farm dedicated to changing the way food is produced and distributed. We aim to produce a wide range of high-quality foods so that our customers may buy the majority of their food from a single local, organic, responsible source. In the spring of 2018, Profeta Farms is planning to open a new 25,000 square-foot grocery store with a strong focus on prepared foods.
Our Core Values
- Work that Matters – We produce food that helps others achieve greater health. To attract and retain dedicated team members who are passionate about this goal, we aim to provide a great working environment with ample opportunities for growth and development.
- Biologically Vibrant – Healthy Soils yields Healthy People. To that end, we grow our crops using regenerative farming practices, always bearing in mind that we are stewards of the land. This fully mineralized and biologically active foundation lends its health to the plants that grow in it, a trend that follows the food chain all the way up to the consumer.
- Pasture Centered Farming – Our livestock are provided with the highest level of humane care available. They will be able to express their natural behaviors outdoors on pasture, without restriction. Their welfare is of utmost importance to us.
- Innovative – We utilize a blend of modern techniques matched with old world principles as a way of producing food efficiently, while adhering to sound, safe organic farming practices. We also embrace and drive change in the marketplace.
- Product Excellence – We strive to produce superior quality foods that are not only healthy but also taste and look great. We go above and beyond the organic standards in our efforts to meet this goal.
- Teamwork – We could not be successful without a dedicated team. Through effective collaboration we can achieve our goals. We treat each other fairly, with dignity and respect, and believe that communication must be open and direct.
- Transparency – Being transparent to our community and ourselves is the only way to conduct business responsibly. We keep no secrets about how our operation is run, building a trusting relationship with our customers and team members.
- Education – An informed community is crucial to our success. Wherever possible, we seek to enrich our customers’ knowledge of farming, health, and food.