Profeta FarmsHow We Farm
While organic certification is a great baseline standard, we choose to go above and beyond the required organic farming practices to produce food that’s not only high quality, but also nutrient dense and delicious. These are the founding principles upon which we’ve built Profeta Farms:
- Sustainability & Regeneration: We consistently work our land to make sure it’s biologically diverse and suitable for organic farming. We will continue to regenerate old farm land across New Jersey and Pennsylvania as part of our mission.
- Achieving Higher Standards: We believe it’s imperative for us to exceed current USDA organic certification rules and we operate our farm with 100% transparency.
- Animal Welfare: We have higher quality animal raising standards and practices – all the animals on our farm live outside, cage free and are managed on a pasture-based system.
- Environmental Preservation: We grow our food with only certified organic soil amendments, fertilizers, and pest control methods which do not harm the environment.
- Nutritious Food with Great Taste: We believe that the healthy food we eat should not just be good for you but should also be tasty and delicious!
The crops we grow and animals we raise are crucial to our success. We do not use any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers, GMO seeds, or GMO feeds. We also do not use farming practices that degrade soil, water, or other natural resources.
803 U.S. Highway 202
Readington NJ 08853
Latest news & updates
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Open 7 days a week
Profeta Farms strives to create a diverse food system that promotes healthy soil, plants, animals, and people. Our onsite full-service Market is open seven days a week and carries a selection of farm fresh raw products, as well as foods thoughtfully prepared by our chefs. We’re here daily to help you revolutionize the way you eat.